Women’s Olympic big air final rescheduled for Thursday
February 20, 2018
The women’s snowboard big air final has been rescheduled for Thursday, Feb. 21, in South Korea due to impending bad weather.
The event was originally scheduled for Friday, Feb. 22 , at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
The event has been moved to Thursday morning at 9:30 a.m. local time in Pyeongchang, South Korea. For viewers in the western United States, the event will be broadcast at 4:30 p.m. PST on Wednesday, Feb. 21.
South Lake Tahoe local Jamie Anderson is one of three American athletes who will participate in the women’s big air final.
Earlier this month, Anderson won gold in women's snowboard slopestyle, making Olympic history and cementing her legacy as one of the all-time greats.
UPDATE: This story has been updated to include that three American women are competing in the big air contest.
Trending In: PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Mountain Housing Council releases report on short-term rentals in North Lake Tahoe, Truckee
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached
- Wet winter ends California drought after 376 straight weeks