Women’s Olympic big air final rescheduled for Thursday
February 20, 2018
The women’s snowboard big air final has been rescheduled for Thursday, Feb. 21, in South Korea due to impending bad weather.
The event was originally scheduled for Friday, Feb. 22 , at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
The event has been moved to Thursday morning at 9:30 a.m. local time in Pyeongchang, South Korea. For viewers in the western United States, the event will be broadcast at 4:30 p.m. PST on Wednesday, Feb. 21.
South Lake Tahoe local Jamie Anderson is one of three American athletes who will participate in the women’s big air final.
Earlier this month, Anderson won gold in women's snowboard slopestyle, making Olympic history and cementing her legacy as one of the all-time greats.
UPDATE: This story has been updated to include that three American women are competing in the big air contest.
Trending In: PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics
- Lime electric scooters pose challenges for South Lake Tahoe law enforcement
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Lake Tahoe elected officials fight for return of Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA
- Tahoe Tribune review: Lime scooters fun, sometimes scary, to ride