ACC tourney breaks attendance record | TahoeDailyTribune.com

ACC tourney breaks attendance record

A preliminary tally of ticket receipts for the American Century Champion-ship show record-breaking attendance, tournament officials said Monday.

Just over 28,000 tickets were sold for the four-day event, up from last year’s draw of 27,400, said Michael Milthorpe, tournament director. “We had a good week. The weather cooperated and we had more boats and spectators along the 18th hole than we’ve ever had,” Milthorpe said.

Hole 17 also garnered a lot of boat traffic, and attendance appeared to be heavier on Tuesday and Wednesday than in past years. The tournament’s continued growth carries some weight with contract renewals in 2010 with NBC Sports, American Century Investments, Harrah’s and Edgewood, he said.

“We will be back for three years for sure and hopefully three more after that,” he said.

Next year’s event is July 9-13.


Support Local Journalism

Your support means a better informed community. Donate today.