Dickinson nearly eclipses Tahoe Bowl’s season-best score
Our top 10 bowlers of the week are as follows:
1. David Dickinson cranked games of 259-224-253/736 series in the His and Hers league. It was the second highest series in that league for the year. Dickinson will receive his 700 series patch award from ABC. Congratulations, David.
2. Kevin Blair rolled the highest game of the season, 297, and added a 225 game for a 706 series. Blair currently has the highest series of the year – 755. Blair will also receive his 700 series patch award from ABC, along with his 11 strikes in a row plaque for his 297 game. Congratulations, Kevin.
3. Bob Bolinger fired games of 216-274/672 series in the His and Hers league.
4. James Sterling connected on games of 258-209/660 series in the His and Hers league.
5. Max Withrow posted games of 236-234/650 series in the Sierra Hi Balls league.
6. Tom Otomo recorded games of 223-236/646 series in the Sierra Hi Balls league.
7. David Ramsay cracked games of 204-257/638 series in the Goofers league.
8. William Campbell fired games of 210-258/621 series in the Basin Bowlers league.
9. Franz Goepfert stroked games of 220-206/617 series in the South Tahoe Seniors league.
10. John Filas rounded out the top 10 bowlers this week with games of 216-232/615 series in the Guys and Dolls league.
Snowflake Valentine’s Tournament
Date: Feb. 5
Entry Fee: $20 for first event; $10 for second event
Competition will be singles and mixed doubles
Handicap: 80 percent of 220
Guarantee for first in each event: $100
Squads: One squad of each at 3 and 6 p.m.
Places paid: Six
King of the Hill Tournament
Date: March 18
Details: Will follow next week
High scores of the week:
Ho Hum Trio (1/18) – Tillie Allen 189, Sue Dickey 221, Rene Steele 211-200/605. South Tahoe Seniors (1/18) – Carmen Withrow 196, Rande Howell 210, Ann Fitzsimmons 196, Franz Goepfert 220-206/617, Ed Namer 185, John Filas 203, Tony Manfredi 205, Jack Post 192, John Charney 196, Rick Sanchez 201-212/606. His and Hers (1/18) – Richard Hart 228, Carol Christian 213, Kevin Iggens 218, Bob Bolinger 216-274/672, Gloria Marsden 218, David Dickinson 259-224-253/736, Tom Otomo 219, John Shott 230-217/613, Bob Wasilchuk 217, Fred Wasilchuk 200-213/606, Shawn Nash 209, James Sterling 258-209/660, Kevin Blair 297-225/706, David Eckenrode 200, Cliff Bell 199, Vic Nagy 196. Sierra HI Balls (1/19) – Kim McLaughlin 206, Max Withrow 236-234/650, Carolyn Lewis 224, Tom Otomo 223-236/646. Goofers (1/19) – Clyde Perlenfein 228, Doris Aeberli 196, Nicolai Andrejeff 233, Norm Attenborough 210, Harold Bogardus 235, Linda Cherry 193, Don Mayer 238, Dennis Minami 227, Lita Ortiz 175, David Ramsay 204-257/638, Brenda Tarbell 176. Guys and Dolls (1/20) – Danny Jones 205, Mike Cullen 214, Karan Duron 200, Nick Andrejeff 237, Pat Fountain 212, Chuck Crites 203, George Crettilli 190, Meg Cretilli 190, Ruth Eastin 199, John Filas 216-232/615, John Charney 192. Basin Bowlers (1/21) – Tony Rose 215, Willie Campbell 210-258/621, Larry Johnson 216.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User