Track teams regional ready
With regionals just two weeks away, the South Tahoe and Whittell track teams showed they are postseason ready with top times this past weekend.
South Tahoe hit the road for the 83 Annual Yerington Relay on Saturday, and both the girls and boys team took seventh place despite missing some of their top runners.
Meanwhile Whittell torched the track at the Carson Invite, and the girls team cruised to an eighth-place finish.
Whittell’s Sierra Forvilly continued her first-place tear at Carson. The speedy senior captured first in the 100-meter hurdles, 300-meter hurdes, second in the 200-meter and fourth in the 100-meter.
South Tahoe senior Jason Rogers turned in a standout performance for the second week in a row, taking fourth in the 100-meter, third in the 300-meter and third in the high jump.
The Vikings distance runners also turned in top 10 times. Harley Norton and Tyler Myers took fifth and eighth in the one-mile respectively. Myers also picked up an impressive second place in the two-mile, followed closely by Orion Maxwell in fifth and Paul Mutz in sixth. Ross Kovac contributed an 11th place in the 800-meter and 12th in the one-mile.
Kerry Norton and Diana Gomez led the South Tahoe girls team in the shorter distances. Norton, normally a thrower, took sixth in the 100-meter and eighth in the 200-meter. Gomez captured sixth in the 400-meter and Brooke King added a ninth-place finish in the 200-meter.
As usual, South Tahoe’s long distance runner shined. Karley Martinez cruised in for second in the 800-meter and third in the one-mile with 5:39. Christy Walowit took fourth in the 800, and Erin Moffat added an eighth-place finish. Emily Treat added a fourth place in the one-mile run with a 5:53.
In the two-mile, Cara Filce led the girls in second place, Bridget Moffat took third, and Erin Moffat fifth.
Kimberly Marquez-Sanchez, Janelle Spandau, Kerry Norton and Brooke King all took top 10 times in the 100-meter hurdles and the 300-meter hurdles.
For the Whittell boys, Max Primo turned in the top Warriors’ time, with a fifth place in the 100-meter.
South Tahoe boys results
4. Jason Rogers 11.82a South Tahoe
20. Tylor Nicholson 12.28 South Tahoe
25. Justin McKenrick 12.63 South Tahoe
30. Kiegan Shackleton13.07 South Tahoe
3. Jason Rogers 23.58 South Tahoe
15. Tylor Nicholson 25.15 South Tahoe
28. Kiegan Shackleton27.03 South Tahoe
31. Chase Stalter 28.74 South Tahoe
20. David Cassaday 58.91 South Tahoe
25. Chase Stalter 1:02.66 South Tahoe
29. Paul Mutz 1:07.86 South Tahoe
30. Michael Valney 1:09.00 South Tahoe
11. Ross Kovac 2:24.30 South Tahoe
16. Paul Mutz 2:36.39 South Tahoe
5. Harley Norton 4:57.99 South Tahoe
8. Tyler Myers 5:00.56 South Tahoe
12. Ross Kovac 5:09.02 South Tahoe
26. Jose Rodriguez 5:50.23 South Tahoe
2. Tyler Myers 10:54.63 South Tahoe
5. Orion Maxwell 11:27.60 South Tahoe
6. Paul Mutz 11:32.97 South Tahoe
21. Harley Norton 14:25.58 South Tahoe
15. Carson Alexander19.40 South Tahoe
16. Ethan Strain 19.45 South Tahoe
17. Carson Alexander 48.42 South Tahoe
21. Kiegan Shackleton50.60 South Tahoe
5. 9:10.93 South Tahoe
Shot Put – 12 pounds
19. Kris Hurwitz 36-03.50 South Tahoe
Discus – 1.6kg
19. Rafa Gutierrez 98-00 South Tahoe
21. Blair Binns 92-10 South Tahoe
22. Justin McKenrick 91-10 South Tahoe
3. Jason Rogers 5-08.00 South Tahoe
17. Noah Solomon 32-10.00 South Tahoe
20. Mason Cain 31-01.00 South Tahoe
24. Michael Valney 29-03.00 South Tahoe
South Tahoe girls results
6. Kerry Norton 13.84 South Tahoe
11. Kimberly Marquez-Sanchez 14.30 South Tahoe
18. Brooke King 14.43 South Tahoe
22. Corynn Bricker 14.70 South Tahoe
8. Kerry Norton 29.46 South Tahoe
9. Brooke King 29.56 South Tahoe
20. Natassha Johnson30.56 South Tahoe
23. Corynn Bricker 31.08 South Tahoe
6. Dianna Gomez 1:08.21 South Tahoe
19. Janelle Spandau 1:24.48 South Tahoe
2. Karley Martinez 2:31.12 South Tahoe
4. Christy Walowit 2:41.84 South Tahoe
8. Erin Moffat 3:05.51a South Tahoe
3. Karley Martinez 5:39.50 South Tahoe
4. Emily Treat 5:53.19 South Tahoe
18. Bridget Moffat 7:00.83 South Tahoe
20. Cara Filce 7:11.27a South Tahoe
2. Cara Filce 13:43.26 South Tahoe
3. Bridget Moffat 15:38.79 South Tahoe
5. Erin Moffat 16:34.21 South Tahoe
8. K. Marquez-Sanchez19.37 South Tahoe
10. Janelle Spandau 19.97 South Tahoe
19. Kerry Norton 23.75 South Tahoe
21. Grace Rosburg 26.04 South Tahoe
4. Kerry Norton 54.22 South Tahoe
8. Brooke King 56.40 South Tahoe
9. K. Marquez-Sanchez57.01 South Tahoe
17. Casey Anderson 1:01.57 South Tahoe
Whittell boys results
5. Max Primo 12.94 Whittell
26. R. Aguirre-Rodriguez13.00 Whittell
34. Alan Manzano 17.70 Whittell
32. R. Aguirre-Rodriguez27.38 Whittell
34. Dylan Stetler 28.08 Whittell
35. Sean Noyes 31.61 Whittell
36. Alan Manzano 35.97 Whittell
25. Josh Welch 62.40 Whittell
27. Rudy Mata 69.12 Whittell
13. Mark Waite 5:01.16 Whittell
21. Josh Welch 5:08.90 Whittell
34. Rudy Mata 6:00.62 Whittell
35. Gabriel Aguilar 6:01.32 Whittell
25. Josh Welch 12:23.63 Whittell
26. Mark Waite 12:24.60 Whittell
17. Dylan Stetler 21.07 Whittell
22. Sean Noyes 24.59 Whittell
13. Dylan Stetler 47.64 Whittell
24. Sean Noyes 54.75 Whittell
9. 4:21.30 Whittell
Mark Waite, Rodney Aguirre-Rodriguez, Dylan Stetler, Max Primo
13. Rodney Aguirre-Rodriguez 17-05.00 Whittell
22. Dylan Stetler 13-08.50 Whittell
24. Aubrey Felton 12-07.50 Whittell
25. Alan Manzano 7-02.00 Whittell
13. Aubrey Felton 30-07.00 Whittell
Whittell girls results
4. Sierra Forvilly 13.73 Whittell
32. Gisselle Benitez 15.62 Whittell
2. Sierra Forvilly 27.62 Whittell
25. Iran Manzano 31.69 Whittell
24. Iran Manzano 76.67 Whittell
1. Sierra Forvilly 16.79 Whittell
1. Sierra Forvilly 47.70 Whittell
Shot put – 4kg
21. Gisselle Benitez 21-00.00 Whittell
Discus – 1kg
19. Gisselle Benitez 61-03 Whittell
22. Iran Manzano 10-08.75 Whittell
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User