3.9 magnitude earthquake hits Douglas County, felt in South Lake Tahoe
June 6, 2017
The United States Geological Survey reports a 3.9 earthquake hit about 12 miles south of the Gardnerville Ranchos at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The quake was felt throughout Douglas County any beyond. Some in South Lake Tahoe reported feeling a jolt.
No injuries or damage were reported. However, sheriff's deputies and fire crews are busy responding to multiple wildfires in the county Tuesday.
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country