3.9 magnitude earthquake hits Douglas County, felt in South Lake Tahoe
June 6, 2017
The United States Geological Survey reports a 3.9 earthquake hit about 12 miles south of the Gardnerville Ranchos at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The quake was felt throughout Douglas County any beyond. Some in South Lake Tahoe reported feeling a jolt.
No injuries or damage were reported. However, sheriff's deputies and fire crews are busy responding to multiple wildfires in the county Tuesday.
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe Basin to experience more smoke, haze from wildfire near Yosemite
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 2: Employers cite housing for inability to find employees
- South Lake Tahoe clears out homeless camps near Upper Truckee River
- PHOTOS: Janet Jackson performs at Lake Tahoe