3.9 magnitude earthquake hits Douglas County, felt in South Lake Tahoe
June 6, 2017
The United States Geological Survey reports a 3.9 earthquake hit about 12 miles south of the Gardnerville Ranchos at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The quake was felt throughout Douglas County any beyond. Some in South Lake Tahoe reported feeling a jolt.
No injuries or damage were reported. However, sheriff's deputies and fire crews are busy responding to multiple wildfires in the county Tuesday.
Trending In: Trending
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Removal of sign stirs controversy in race for El Dorado County District 5 supervisor
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Mt. Rose Ski opens to season pass-holders today