Amgen Tour of California road closure information for Lake Tahoe
May 18, 2018
The Amgen Tour of California men’s and women’s races head into Lake Tahoe today, and there will be rolling road closures on South Shore.
Below is information on the routes and closures.
Stage 2 starts at 11 a.m. May 18. They will start at Heavenly Mountain Resort's California Lodge, exit the basin via Ski Run Boulevard to Pioneer Trail and out to California Route 89 and up and over Luther Pass before traveling into the Carson Valley before re-entering the basin via Kingsbury Grade and finishing back at the starting line around 2:15 p.m.
Stage 6 starts in Folsom and heads over Emigrant and Carson passes before following the women's route. The men will reach the finish line about an hour after the women.
Temporary rolling road closures will be in effect from 10:45 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
Road closures include Kingsbury Grade from 1-3:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Kingsbury Grade and Foothill Road will be closed from 1:35-2:45 p.m.,
Kingsbury and Tramway from 2-3:05 p.m.
Kingsbury and Highway 50 from 2:10-3:14 p.m.
U.S. 50 and Pioneer Trail from 2:13-3:17 p.m.
Pioneer Trail and Ski Run Boulevard from 2:16-3:19 p.m.
All times are approximate and subject to change.
Trending In: Trending
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Caltrans to activate new traffic light in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)