Authorities ID Incline Village murder victim
February 16, 2018
A 70-year-old man was identified as the victim of a fatal stabbing that occurred in Incline Village on Jan. 23.
David Rivas-Rodriguez died as a result of multiple stab wounds at a residence in the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office said in a statement on Friday, Feb. 16. He was identified by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
Next of kin have been notified.
Ismeal Resendiz-Moreno, 44, of Incline Village was taken into custody on Jan. 24. He was charged with the murder of Rivas-Rodriguez, who was the suspect's father-in-law.
Resendiz-Moreno is being held in the Washoe County Detention Facility on charges related to the alleged incident.
Authorities received a 911 call on the morning of Jan. 23, reporting an injured person inside a residence on the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard in Incline Village. Rivas-Rodriguez was declared deceased at the scene.
Trending In: Trending
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe to wed today
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays