Authorities ID Incline Village murder victim
February 16, 2018
A 70-year-old man was identified as the victim of a fatal stabbing that occurred in Incline Village on Jan. 23.
David Rivas-Rodriguez died as a result of multiple stab wounds at a residence in the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office said in a statement on Friday, Feb. 16. He was identified by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
Next of kin have been notified.
Ismeal Resendiz-Moreno, 44, of Incline Village was taken into custody on Jan. 24. He was charged with the murder of Rivas-Rodriguez, who was the suspect's father-in-law.
Resendiz-Moreno is being held in the Washoe County Detention Facility on charges related to the alleged incident.
Authorities received a 911 call on the morning of Jan. 23, reporting an injured person inside a residence on the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard in Incline Village. Rivas-Rodriguez was declared deceased at the scene.
Trending In: Trending
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Demonstrators to host march calling for US 50 pedestrian crossing in South Lake Tahoe
- Update: Power restored in South Lake Tahoe
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)