Authorities ID Incline Village murder victim
February 16, 2018
A 70-year-old man was identified as the victim of a fatal stabbing that occurred in Incline Village on Jan. 23.
David Rivas-Rodriguez died as a result of multiple stab wounds at a residence in the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office said in a statement on Friday, Feb. 16. He was identified by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
Next of kin have been notified.
Ismeal Resendiz-Moreno, 44, of Incline Village was taken into custody on Jan. 24. He was charged with the murder of Rivas-Rodriguez, who was the suspect's father-in-law.
Resendiz-Moreno is being held in the Washoe County Detention Facility on charges related to the alleged incident.
Authorities received a 911 call on the morning of Jan. 23, reporting an injured person inside a residence on the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard in Incline Village. Rivas-Rodriguez was declared deceased at the scene.
Trending In: Trending
- Friends, family remembering Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller missing in Mount Rainier National Park
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- A look inside Edgewood Tahoe’s lakeside lodge
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm will bring snow, strong winds
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe