Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
August 1, 2017
Authorities recovered a body from the west end of Lake Tahoe that they believe is that of University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma.
Ma, 20, was presumed to have drowned while paddle boarding with a group of athletes from UNR on June 10, 2016.
Shortly after the group entered the water the wind picked up, which created tough conditions for the athletes. Ma's friends were rescued by a boat crew from a nearby marina, but he was not located. He was not wearing a personal flotation device at the time of the incident.
— Placer Sheriff (@PlacerSheriff) July 31, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
"This past weekend, Ma's family hired private contractor "Bruce's Legacy," which is equipped with a specialized robotic camera system," the Placer County Sheriff's Office said in a statement released on Twitter.
"At 1:05 p.m. today (Monday, July 31), the camera spotted a body today in 240-feet of water. The body was recovered close to the West Shore Cafe area where he was last seen. He was brought to shore with assistance from the Placer County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Coast Guard."
Trending In: Trending
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region