Lake Tahoe weather: No snow in forecast; low temperatures to reach single digits
December 11, 2017
Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada will continue to see dry conditions for the next week, and possibly longer, according to the National Weather Service.
Sunshine and clear skies are in the forecast for the Tahoe Basin through the week. Some clouds could move into the region Friday evening, but they are not expected to bring precipitation.
Low temperatures in the region will range from single digits to the high teens, with the exception of Friday, when the low could range from 20 to 30 degrees. High temperatures will range from the mid 40s to low 50s.
Light winds are expected through the week.
Tahoe has seen a dry spell since receiving a couple inches of snow during the first weekend of December. A forecast discussion from the National Weather Service in Reno cites a high pressure ridge as the cause of the current dry spell.
"High pressure will continue to bring dry conditions along with valley inversions, cold nights, and light winds for the next several days."
Recommended Stories For You
Beyond this week, NWS says there is a "mixed bag of potential scenarios," although consensus seems to favor a scenario that would reduce the potential for any significant Pacific storm systems reaching the region before Christmas.
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe Basin to experience more smoke, haze from wildfire near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Lake Tahoe waterfront estate sets Incline Village sales record
- Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
- Swimmer rescued after leg becomes stuck between boulders at Lake Tahoe
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- Historic Lake Tahoe home sells for $10 million
- New fitness center Gym Love opens in South Lake Tahoe