Lake Tahoe weather: Resorts report 1 foot of snow; several feet in forecast later this week
February 27, 2018
Lake Tahoe ski resorts are touting a foot of new snow Tuesday morning, and with several more feet of snow in the forecast later this week, resorts, riders and skiers will likely have more to celebrate.
A winter storm watch set to take effect Wednesday evening could translate to 3-5 feet of snow above 7,000 feet and “a couple” feet of snow at 6,000 feet through Saturday morning, according to the National Weather Service. Even lower elevations could see a foot of snow.
Monday’s storm brought 10 inches of snow in 24 hours at Sierra-at-Tahoe’s summit, according to the resort. Kirkwood Mountain Resort reported 14 inches of new snow in 24 hours and Heavenly Mountain Resort reported 13 inches Tuesday morning.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort reported 6 inches of new snow in 24 hours.
It's been snowing all day and this is just the beginning! The forecast calls for 3-5" today, 1-3" Wednesday, 12"+ on Thursday, 5-8" on Friday and 1-3" on Saturday!!! It's time to get to Heavenly! pic.twitter.com/aOmSJATT8H
Recommended Stories For You
— SkiHeavenly (@skiheavenly) February 26, 2018
Trending In: Trending
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe to wed today
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays