Lake Tahoe weather: Resorts report more snow; warm temperatures coming this weekend (video)
January 26, 2018
Resorts on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore received several more inches of snow Thursday ahead of a warming trend that will push high temperatures into the 50s this weekend.
The newest totals cap a series of winter storms that brought much needed powder to the Tahoe Basin, which largely lacked snow prior to a week ago. On Jan. 19, resorts reported 7 inches of new snow. That storm also brought some of the first measurable snow at lake level.
On Thursday morning, Jan. 25, South Shore ski resorts reported more than 1 foot of fresh snow in 24 hours.
While the fresh snow was a welcome sight for many, it might not stick around too long.
Recommended Stories For You
The National Weather Service forecast includes a warming trend this weekend, with high temperatures in South Lake Tahoe climbing into the 50s. The forecast also includes mostly sunny conditions with no precipitation in the coming week.
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe Basin to experience more smoke, haze from wildfire near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Lake Tahoe waterfront estate sets Incline Village sales record
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Historic Lake Tahoe home sells for $10 million
- Swimmer rescued after leg becomes stuck between boulders at Lake Tahoe
- Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
- El Dorado sheriff deputy shoots into car to free trapped bear in South Lake Tahoe (video)
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region