Lake Tahoe weather: Resorts report more snow; warm temperatures coming this weekend (video)
January 26, 2018
Resorts on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore received several more inches of snow Thursday ahead of a warming trend that will push high temperatures into the 50s this weekend.
The newest totals cap a series of winter storms that brought much needed powder to the Tahoe Basin, which largely lacked snow prior to a week ago. On Jan. 19, resorts reported 7 inches of new snow. That storm also brought some of the first measurable snow at lake level.
On Thursday morning, Jan. 25, South Shore ski resorts reported more than 1 foot of fresh snow in 24 hours.
While the fresh snow was a welcome sight for many, it might not stick around too long.
Recommended Stories For You
The National Weather Service forecast includes a warming trend this weekend, with high temperatures in South Lake Tahoe climbing into the 50s. The forecast also includes mostly sunny conditions with no precipitation in the coming week.
Trending In: Trending
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Leaf peeping at Lake Tahoe: Best spots to view fall foliage
- Removal of sign stirs controversy in race for El Dorado County District 5 supervisor