Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of snow on South Shore today
February 14, 2018
There is a slight chance of isolated snow showers at Lake Tahoe Wednesday evening.
According to the National Weather Service in Reno, there is a 20 percent chance of snow in South Lake Tahoe. Across the lake in Incline Village, the forecast calls for increasing cloud coverage but no precipitation Wednesday evening.
A lake wind advisory is in effect for Tahoe from 1-10 p.m. Wednesday. Gusts could be as strong as 35 mph, according to the weather service. South Lake Tahoe is forecast to see a high temperature of 41 degrees and a low of 21, while Incline Village is expected to see a high of 36 degrees and a low of 20.
Our crews are jogging their memories on how to remove this “snow” stuff and are loving it!
Today, we’ll see scattered snow showers, cool temps, and light winds.
7 lifts/tows crank from 9-4 with access to 25 trails.
Sierra is looking great in white, no matter how much it is! pic.twitter.com/8g1Idhvzzx
Recommended Stories For You
— Sierra-at-Tahoe (@Sierra_at_Tahoe) February 12, 2018
South Shore and Incline Village will see sunny conditions starting Thursday and lasting through most of President’s Day weekend. There is a slight chance of snow in the forecast for Lake Tahoe on Monday.
South Shore ski resorts reported light snow totals from a storm earlier this week. On Wednesday morning Heavenly Mountain Resort reported 4 inches of new snow in 48 hours, Sierra-at-Tahoe reported 1 inch and Kirkwood Mountain Resort reported 2 inches.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort did not report any new snow in the last 48 hours.
Trending In: Trending
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe to wed today
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays