Lake Tahoe South Shore resorts receive 4 inches of snow
December 3, 2017
South Shore’s ski resorts woke up Sunday morning with 4 inches of new snow thanks to a “quick-hitting” winter storm.
Heavenly Mountain Resort, Kirkwood Mountain Resort and Sierra-at-Tahoe each reported 4 inches of new snow in 24 hours Sunday morning. Season totals for the resorts so far are: 32 inches at Heavenly, 38 inches at Kirkwood and 36 inches at Sierra-at-Tahoe.
The snow is the result of what the National Weather Service described as a “quick-hitting” storm early Sunday morning.
Isolated snow showers are possible at Lake Tahoe through Sunday, and temperatures are expected to drop later in the day.
“A flash freeze is possible on wet roads and sidewalks this evening as temperatures drop rapidly.”
Recommended Stories For You
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) December 3, 2017
The California Department of Transportation said Sunday morning that it was working to clear highways in the Sierra. It advised motorists to drive slowly on Sierra roads.
— SkiHeavenly (@skiheavenly) December 3, 2017
Trending In: Trending
- Body of former Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller recovered in Mount Rainier National Park
- Demonstrators to host march calling for US 50 pedestrian crossing in South Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- FINAL ELECTION RESULTS: Measure T passes in South Lake Tahoe