Lake Tahoe weather: Up to 7 inches of new snow possible Thursday
February 22, 2018
A winter weather advisory is in effect for the Tahoe Basin, which could see up to 7 inches of new snow Thursday.
The advisory remains in effect until 10 p.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Total snow accumulation could range form 4 to 7 inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches.
With chilly temperatures — the expected high is 27 degrees in South Lake Tahoe and 23 degrees in Incline Village — and snow, roads will be slick. The weather service advises motorists to travel cautiously and plan for extra time on the roads.
Conditions also could cause tree limbs to snap.
Trending In: Trending
- Friends, family remembering Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller missing in Mount Rainier National Park
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- A look inside Edgewood Tahoe’s lakeside lodge
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm will bring snow, strong winds
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe