Lake Tahoe weather: Up to 7 inches of new snow possible Thursday
February 22, 2018
A winter weather advisory is in effect for the Tahoe Basin, which could see up to 7 inches of new snow Thursday.
The advisory remains in effect until 10 p.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Total snow accumulation could range form 4 to 7 inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches.
With chilly temperatures — the expected high is 27 degrees in South Lake Tahoe and 23 degrees in Incline Village — and snow, roads will be slick. The weather service advises motorists to travel cautiously and plan for extra time on the roads.
Conditions also could cause tree limbs to snap.
Trending In: Trending
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Demonstrators to host march calling for US 50 pedestrian crossing in South Lake Tahoe
- Update: Power restored in South Lake Tahoe
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)