National Weather Service: South Lake Tahoe sets new record high temperature for Jan. 30
January 31, 2018
South Lake Tahoe easily exceeded its record high temperature on Tuesday, Jan. 30, according to the National Weather Service in Reno.
The previous record high of 52 degrees for the date was reached in 1989 and 2012, NWS noted via Twitter just after 2:30 p.m. At that point, the temperature in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday had reached 56 degrees.
Unseasonably warm temperatures are in the forecast for the remainder of the week, where the high temperatures in South Lake Tahoe are expected to reach into the mid 50s. The forecast also includes sunny conditions through the weekend and no precipitation.
South Lake Tahoe also sets a Record High temperature of 56 degrees so far today, easily surpassing their old record of 52 degrees for this date which occurred in 1989 and 2012.
— NWS Reno (@NWSReno) January 30, 2018
Trending In: Trending
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Study finds bears hibernating less with warmer winters, access to human food (video)
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail