National Weather Service: South Lake Tahoe sets new record high temperature for Jan. 30
January 31, 2018
South Lake Tahoe easily exceeded its record high temperature on Tuesday, Jan. 30, according to the National Weather Service in Reno.
The previous record high of 52 degrees for the date was reached in 1989 and 2012, NWS noted via Twitter just after 2:30 p.m. At that point, the temperature in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday had reached 56 degrees.
Unseasonably warm temperatures are in the forecast for the remainder of the week, where the high temperatures in South Lake Tahoe are expected to reach into the mid 50s. The forecast also includes sunny conditions through the weekend and no precipitation.
South Lake Tahoe also sets a Record High temperature of 56 degrees so far today, easily surpassing their old record of 52 degrees for this date which occurred in 1989 and 2012.
— NWS Reno (@NWSReno) January 30, 2018
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe Basin to experience more smoke, haze from wildfire near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- El Dorado sheriff deputy shoots into car to free trapped bear in South Lake Tahoe (video)
- Historic Lake Tahoe home sells for $10 million
- Lake Tahoe Community College opens Lisa Maloff University Center
- Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
- Permanent memorial placed for fallen firefighter killed near Lake Tahoe ski resort