South Lake Tahoe police searching for suspect in Pop Warner embezzlement case
May 4, 2017
Law enforcement is searching for a South Lake Tahoe man suspected of embezzling funds from the South Tahoe Pop Warner football program.
An arrest warrant has been issued for 25-year-old Christopher Klug, who was appointed president of the Pop Warner board in early 2017, according to a press release from the South Lake Tahoe Police Department. A significant amount of money has become unaccounted for since Klug’s appointment as president of the nonprofit, which sponsors South Lake Tahoe youth football programs.
Police are requesting the public's help in locating Klug, who has avoided contact with investigators since the investigation started. Police are requesting people not make contact with Klug and call law enforcement if he is located.
Anyone with information is asked to call the South Lake Tahoe Police Department at 530-542-6100.
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe weather: More snow, cold temperatures in forecast
- South Lake Tahoe inventor creates key holder for self-defense
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm expected to bring 8 to 16 inches of snow at lake level
- Authorities ID Incline Village murder victim
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of snow on South Shore today